Monday 19 March 2012

Wedding Dress

I haven't had time to post recently due to busy work schedule and getting on with making Rachel's wedding dress. I have taken a couple of days off to work on the dress so Friday was spent finishing the three layers of the skirt: lining, satin backed Dupion and Lace overlay. Today was spent joining the bodice to the skirt, making and attaching the corset back and then handstitching all the lining in place around the back and inside of the bodice. Then I finished off for the day by stitching in some ribbon to allow me to hang it up and put it inside its protective cover to keep it safe from the cats! I had purchased some beautiful satin covered and padded coathangers to hang up the dresses and some long protective covers so that as I finish the wedding and bridesmaids dresses I can hang them up safely. This is becasue we don't have wardrobes which have a rail high enough off the base to hang them up.
Next step will be to put the finishing edgings but I can't finish the hem until Rachel has bought her shoes. So we are planning a shopping trip near Easter!
I was thinking the other day about how some people have time to blog everyday and say they are very busy, I think they must just talk about being busy as when you are genuinely busy you don't have time to type everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment