Tuesday 17 April 2012

Update on the Wedding Saga

Well can't believe it is a month since I wrote down any progress on the wedding plans. Rachel was back for a few days before Easter and so we went shopping for shoes! Unbelievably we both managed to find a pair we liked, she has beautiful lace ones and I have patent red ones with a bar and 4 inch heels! I will have to practice walking in them before the wedding! I have also bought a red handbag to go with my outfit which match the shoes but which I bought on line without having seen it first. Amazingly the red matched the shawl I am going to be wearing almost exactly.
Over the last couple of weeks I have also been making a 'toile' or mock-up of the bridesmiads dress for my neice, Immi. Then we arranged to meet up in York at my parents for a fitting. As this is the only time I will see her before the wedding we had two fittings over the weekend with me making alterations and hand sewing them and then trying the dress back on again. She looks lovely even in Calico so I am looking forward to seeing what it will look like in the duchess satin and chiffon.
So my next step is to convert the toile into a pattern and then cut out the fabric to get started on the real thing.
The Matron of honour is due in 7 weeks so I will get her measured for her dress in a couple of  weeks time along with the flower girls. I am planning to take a week off work in May to work on all the dresses.
I also have to photograph eveyone's hair to show the hairdresser so she knows what sort of hair she will be dealing with on the day.Rachel and I have a couple of sessions planned to try out styles so I need to get Rachel's veil made before the end of May as well. I think May will be a busy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment